A Short LaTeX tutorial
A Method of Increasing the Contextual Input to
Adaptive Pattern Recognition Systems,
Technical Report RIPR 1000/14/87,
Research Initiative in Pattern Recognition,
Royal Signals and Radar Establishment,
Malvern, Worcester. WR14 3PS
(My first paper on neural networks.)
- DJVU files:
Readable, but poor quality (130K)
high-resolution version (2M)
zip file containing huge tif images
| PDF |
- My first paper on statistics
and neural networks,
Maximum Entropy Connections: Neural Networks,
was published in
Maximum Entropy and Bayesian Methods, Laramie, 1990,
I don't have the original postscript, but I have slapped together
the above postscript document (which includes an unnecessary 7 page
bibliography) to preserve the contents of the paper on line.
- A collection of puzzles for Darwin College magazine.
- And a few more puzzles including physics and probability ideas.
abstract. | <- UK | Canada -> | rectangles.ps.gz.
- `Simple Proofs of a Rectangle Tiling Theorem'. (2003)
[Also, a one-page introduction to this
problem is here:
abstract. | <- UK | Canada -> | corner.ps.gz.
- ` Big Things that Squeeze Round Corners '.
abstract. | <- UK | Canada -> | conway.ps.gz.
- I edited a 15-page book chapter, `The Power of Mathematics', by John Conway.
(Another site with a lecture by Conway)
- A note about the iTap / T9 text-to-numbers code
- Bao: An illustration of what research in theoretical physics
`The pope is (probably) not an alien' | <- UK | Canada -> |
- With Sean Eddy
abstract. | <- UK | Canada -> | euro.ps.gz.
- Belgian euro coins: 140 heads in 250 tosses -- suspicious?
Number theory (not a highly recommended paper!)
abstract. | <- UK | Canada -> | exams.ps.gz.
- ` Everyone Should Get an A
abstract. | <- UK | Canada -> | sumsquares.ps.gz.
- ` Numbers that are Sums of Squares in Several Ways
by David MacKay and Sanjoy Mahajan
(Not a highly recommended paper as it was written with no knowledge of number theory)
The Inference Group is supported by the Gatsby Foundation
and by a partnership award from IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
David J.C. MacKay
Site last modified Wed Nov 12 17:38:44 GMT 2014