Source code for Progressive Edge Growth parity-check matrix construction
- kindly supplied by Xiao-Yu Hu [xhu:-:AT:-:zurich.ibm.com]
The PEG construction creates matrices with very large girth.
This construction has proved to produce the best known Gallager
codes, and is especially significant for small blocklengths such as 500, 1000, or 2000.
Examples of rate-1/2 codes constructed in this way
can be found in the
Encyclopedia of Sparse Graph Codes.
| Download tar file |
| Download Linux/GCC Makefile |
! Download Patch provided by fokko.beekhof |
! Download tar file containing patched source files |
! explanation by fokko.beekhof |
The source files have been tested through the C++ compiler xlC on IBM
RS/6000 running AIX operating system. On other compilers and platforms,
minor changes may be needed on Makefile and/or source C++ files.
Here are some examples for the commands:
Example PEG codes included in the encyclopedia are as follows:
MainPEG -numM 252 -numN 504 -codeName irReg504252.dat -degFileName DenEvl_15.deg
Remarks: The density-evolution-optimized symbol-node degree sequence
of maximum symbol node degree of 15 is used. PEG does not use check
node degree sequence; instead it makes the check-node degree as
concentrated as possible.
- MainPEG -numM 252 -numN 504 -codeName Reg504252.dat -degFileName Reg_3.dat
Remarks: Each symbol node has a uniform of degree of 3
- MainPEG -numM 252 -numN 504 -codeName Reg504252.dat -degFileName Reg_3.dat -sglConcent 0
Remarks: By specifying -sglConcent 0, the check-node degree sequence
is made strictly concentrated or regular
- MainPEG -numM 252 -numN 504 -codeName Reg504252.dat -degFileName Reg_3.dat -sglConcent 0 -tgtGirth 8
Remarks: Non-greedy PEG with target girth of 8
- (Reg252x504.dat, Reg504x1008.dat): Symbol-node degree of 3,
check-node almost regular
- (irReg252x504.dat, irReg504x1008.dat): Irregular PEG using
density-evolution optimized degree distribution of maximum degree of
- (irUppTriang518x1024.dat, irUppTriang1030x2048.dat): Irregular
linear-time-encodeable PEG codes using density-evolution optimized
degree distribution of maximum degree of 15. Upper triangular form.